125 Cypress Drive
The original lot was purchased in 1910 by Sarah Youmans (and it was demolished in 1991).
The Youmans owned other land in the community including town lot 28 and acre lot 6.
In 1926 Elmer Sarah’s son and Nora Youmans arrived in San Ysidro: “at that time it was a community, not just a place to drive through… there was no better place to raise a family…”
The Elmer Youmans family built this house and raised turkeys, goats, rabbits, ducks and had a perennial garden on their land.
The City Directories list Elmer and his father, Herbert, as carpenters. They were responsible for building many of the homes in the area.
Elmer Youman was postmaster for San Ysidro in 1938.
Information found in: San Ysidro Historic Resources Survey, Conducted for: City of San Diego Planning Department, Conducted by: Roth and Associates, Linda Roth & Judy Berryman, 14 August 1989.