Joyce Hettich & Margaret Story House

Joyce Hettich216 East Park

This is the second house built on the property, but the original parcel was purchased by Margaret Story in 1911, so this is a Little Landers lot.

The first house was moved off the parcel by Mr. Cruthers.

The plaque outside reads “J. Hettich” because for many years she lived in this home. Although she did not move into the area until after World War II, Ms. Hettich is considered to be the “unofficial” historian for San Ysidro. Hettich’s house hadĀ been broken in and “ransacked” for the 5th time, so she was unwilling to let anyone see her house when surveys were done.

Here vast local history collection is lost to time. What remains are 30 story board photographs that you can find here.

Cited From San Ysidro Historic Resources Survey, Conducted for: City of San Diego PlanningĀ Department, Conducted by: Roth and Associates, Linda Roth & Judy Berryman, 14 August 1989.

Tags:

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply